Syracuse Bicycle Tour de Cure Team
2021 Tour de Cure: CNY June 12, 2021 @ ANYWHERE (Virtual )
Our team is comprised of riders of all levels, ages, and abilities. The only prerequisite is a can-do attitude and a minimum fundraising goal of $200. We will help guide you along the way with your fundraising and training rides for the ride options of 10, 31, 65, or 100 miles OR a 5K run/ walk. Want to make a difference, but can’t make the ride? You can also join our team as a virtual participant!
The health and safety of people living with diabetes, their families, our supporters and volunteers are our number one priority.
The Tour de Cure® will continue to be virtual for 2021 and will be bringing together all our upstate communities!
We have combined the Tour de Cure events in Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse into one virtual event to support the more than 34 million people living with diabetes, including over 2 million in New York. You will virtually join your fellow riders across Upstate New York as they hit the road and ride throughout the year, coming together to celebrate on June 12, 2021.
The finish line may be different this year, but our mission is unwavering. We are one community, dedicated and passionate. We are Connected for Life.
TOUR DE CURE® IS MORE THAN A ONE DAY EVENT
This year’s Tour de Cure will offer a virtually enhanced year-round experience full of new challenges designed to inspire your commitment to our mission and get you physically moving!
Our virtual celebratory event day will provide a transformed experience you don’t want to miss! We will honor those living with diabetes and bring together thousands nationwide in a fun and exciting new way.
HOW TO BE A PART OF A VIRTUAL EVENT
- Register for the virtual event. You will receive all the tips and tools to help achieve your goal successfully.
- Ride, Run or Walk: Choose your activity to complete in your neighborhood at whatever time you choose.
- Share your why: Post on your social network WHY you are participating. Share a picture, a post and even a video. Use the hashtag #VirtualTourdeCure2020
- Track and share your progress: As you train for the Tour de Cure, share your progress on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram by sharing a live video and pictures. Post your fundraising goal and a link to your fundraising page, too.
- Enjoy the virtual event on social media. Staff and passionate volunteers, sponsors and participants will be posting throughout the day. Join the party and add your pictures and videos! Use the hashtag #VirutalTourdeCure2020
The finish line may be different this year, but our mission is unwavering.
People living with diabetes are at greater risk for complications from COVID-19 (coronavirus) and we continue to advocate and ensure they have the resources they need. Please visit our COVID-19 HUB for the latest information and resources. Visit diabetes.org/coronavirus.